01.05.2023 – Annual Course of the International Association of Law Libraries in Geneva, 8-11 October 2023
In collaboration with the UN Library and Archives Geneva, the ICRC Library and the Geneva Graduate Institute Library are co-hosting this year the 41st Annual Course of the International Association of Law Libraries. We are proud to welcome the course in Geneva for the first time and hope to see many of you there.
Titled ‘Like Clockwork ? Multilateralism and International Law in Geneva’, the course will take place from October 8-11, 2023. The main course venue will be the Pictet Auditorium of the Geneva Graduate Institute.
Highlights of the course will include:
- Lectures by Geneva’s most renowned international legal scholars on timely issues of international trade law, international humanitarian law, human rights law, refugee law, global health law, and more.
- Practitioners’ insights on the work of international organizations based in Geneva
- A pre-conference workshop with expert advice on the digitization of collections from the team behind the LONTAD project
- A ‘sports and international law’-themed optional day in Lausanne
- Plus, a rich program of visits and social events, to meet fellow librarians from around the world.
Find out more about the course and its program at https://iall.org/conf2023/. Registration is now open at https://iall.org/conf2023-registration/. Early Bird Registration at a reduced rate is available until June 30, 2023. Registration will close August 15, 2023.
Please note that IALL offers a number of bursaries to support attendees with registration and traveling costs. We’re happy to share that IALL is inaugurating this year a new, additional bursary program for selected librarians working in the course’s host country, providing a 250 USD discount on registration. Find out how to apply at https://iall.org/scholarship-information/.
Don’t hesitate to spread the word with all interested colleagues. For any questions, please get in touch with the course’s planning committee at iall2023 AT icrc.org.
Sonia Crenn and Charlotte Mohr, on behalf of the IALL 2023 Local Planning Committee